So a while ago I posted about some goals that I wanted to achieve, and these have been on my mind ever since. I have been seriously considering how I can make these work.
Today I considered calling up the local pool to see about their next technique class, but I have to admit, I started feeling nervous again about actually taking the class!!
A little history on me and swimming - when I was little, I did a lot of swimming lessons and I remember having a lot of fun! However, somewhere along the way I became scared of swimming... terrified in fact! I remember crying in high school to my parents about having to do swimming for PE, and crying in PE class about having to swim and being scared to put my head under the water. The fear of putting my head under the water is actually something that I have bought with me into my adult life. I have actually had to condition myself into being able to put my face under the shower without panicking!!
I am quickly realising that this really is a fear, and it is something that needs to be fixed. It would even be something that would be a great milestone for the next round (ie being able to swim 5 laps - I can probably only do 1 lap.... maybe.... lol)
Wow, reading this and your previous post rings so familiar to me. I also have developed a "fear" of putting my head under water...I have vivid memories of swimming under water in the pool and at a lagoon in the Royal National Park and opening my eyes and loving being under the water...but I don't know what happened...
ReplyDeleteYour previous post is also significant to me in that I did not do so well in Round 3, lots of "stuff" going on in my life which affected my results, but I WILL be back for Round 1 to give it a red hot shot!
Love your Blog.