Friday, 28 October 2011

Things I want to do...

I have just had a sudden realisation... I keep putting things off!

While I love to plan and I love being organised, I never seem to get myself sorted to the point that I can achieve a long standing wish/goal.  Examples: Europe, I have now been, but I could never save the money to get going (thanks ANZ for the loan! lol); weightloss - it took me 4 years to lose 20kilos and 4 months to put it all back on again; and now I have come to realise that there are 2 more things I can add to that list...
1. Bellydancing
In 2007 I took up bellydancing.  I did it for about 3 terms and I loved it!  I stopped because our teacher got sick, and then I could never find a class in my area again.  I found a dance school that has bought it into their curriculum about a year ago, but somehow, I have just never gotten my butt into gear (or my budget) and signed up!  There are actually a few people I know who would be interested as well, and for something that I used to have so much fun doing, why on earth can I not get it sorted?
2. Swimming
For the last 4 or more years, I have had a goal to learn to swim properly... and I still haven't committed to doing it!  Those of you who don't know me IRL, wouldn't know that I have a fear of the water.  I am scared to put my head under the water and I get really panicky when it is (even with goggles on - they make me a little less afraid) and struggle to breath.  This is something that I have wanted to conquer for a so long, yet I can't seem to just sign up!  I don't know if its because I am afraid to be seen in public, the fear of the water or just the fact that I am not a confident swimmer has held me back (as well as the poor budgeting skills yet again! lol)  I honestly feel that swimming is such an important skill to know and I have always vowed that my children (when I have them!) will learn how to be confident in the water.  While I know enough to save my life (hopefully!) if needed, I need to learn the right movements and just get them all working together...  Plus it would be another excellent workout!
I think that I am going to have to make it my mission to complete this next year (not technically putting it off as both terms have already started - and I need to raise the funds lol).  I really miss belly dancing, it's so much fun and a great laugh! I would love to be able to swim laps, and not be afraid of how I look and feel in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment