Well, I have had a bit of a rough week overall. I have been sick (again!!) and I tried going to the gym last week and almost passed out. So, I took that as a very loud and clear sign from my body that it needed rest. So, this last week I haven't done any exercise other than incidental stuff.
I have been trying not to feel too guilty about it. In fact, I think I have been trying not to feel too guilty about the fact that I am loving not doing exercise. I am one of those people who does exercise because I have to, not because I enjoy it. I have taken a few extra days off from exercising as I am still sick, and I have been wondering if I have been pushing it all a bit too much and going back to the gym earlier than I should be. However, I am now taking a multi-vitamin so I hope that will help, because I don't think I can take being sick again!!
Now, as I have been sick, I still haven't done my bush walk. I can't believe it!! Something I was so excited about and I haven't been able to do it!! On the weekend, I struggled to move, so I know that I wasn't being lazy about it all. I am the kind of person who likes to do things when and how they are supposed to be done. So, with it now being week 6 and I still haven't done something from week 4, it is really getting to me. This is one of those things that makes me feel like I am failing as I am falling behind and I can't seem to 'keep up'.
In saying that, I have done something which is definitely pushing my comfort zone. I have signed up to Walk for a Cure for Diabetes this weekend! It is a 5.5km walk which I will be doing with some friends. This is a free walk (for anyone who is interested in doing it near where you live), however they do ask for you to help with donations. So, in honour of this, if you are able to spare a couple of dollars, I would appreciate your sponsorship. In saying this, I have no intention of hounding people, I just thought I would do my bit.
In addition to doing this walk, I have officially signed up to do the Brooks Spring into Shape Series on the 30th October (so 2 weekends in a row!! crazy!) which is a 4km run/walk. I have to say that I think I will be doing a lot more walking than running, especially if my body is still worn out, but I will complete it anyway, even if it is only at a brisk walk.
Hmmmmm..... what else... Food wise I have most definitely been over my 1200 calorie allowance this week. But I haven't been binging or having anything naughty, I have only probably exceeded my calories via cups of coffee! lol
Oh and I also had my weigh in last Wednesday and I lost 200g. I don't think I will have a fantastic result this week. But I am hoping to have at least lost some weight... We will see tomorrow morning.
Ok, well, that's it for now. Will blog tomorrow with my weigh in result. I really need to get my 12wbt mojo back!
No comments:
Post a Comment