Wednesday, 26 October 2011

OMG! So Excited!

So, this morning I weighed in as usual and I have gained 700g.  However I am not too concerned about this as I will admit that I did have pizza this week, and as I mentioned in an earlier post, it has been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster of a week.  Also I noticed that this was the week last month that I gained, so looks like there could be a pattern.  

The reason why I am so excited, is that this morning I was reading through Mish's weekly email where she talks about weighing in and the upcoming videos.  There is also a mention of a post in the forums in the last week, and this week she chose mine!!! OMG!!!!  I am just so stoked!!!!  I am very much a person who craves recognition (anyone ever read about the 5 love languages? lol) so this has just made me feel like I am floating!  

This is what Mish wrote:
"Well done whirlsie - you're still with us! And yes! you most certainly should be congratulating yourself and not the other way around - it certainly pays to stop and reflect because as you have shown yourself you are not a quitter and have turned a difficult patch into a positive, with great results too! Way to go whirlsie!"

The link above refers to my post in the forums, but for those of you who aren't 12WBTers, this is what I wrote:
I Am Still Here!
"I did consider putting this post into the Confessions area, but I have decided that this is more of an "I did it!" post.

Over the last couple of weeks I have struggled with what I have been able to do when it comes to exercise (those of you following my blog would have noticed an outpouring of negative posts). I have felt down and felt like I was failing. Why? Because I hadn't been able to reach the 500 calorie mark when exercising, and because I have been sick so much of the last 6 weeks that I haven't been able to exercise. I am so far behind in Mish's workouts that I feel like I almost need to start back at the beginning. The last time I was at the gym I actually almost passed out because my body couldn't take being sick and working out lol! I have put my body first over the last couple of weeks in the hopes of getting better finally and not getting sick again (I think 3 times in one season is enough! lol)

But then over the last couple of days I have realised, "You know what?! I am still here! I still haven't binged, I haven't gone out of my way to eat unhealthily, I haven't let myself down when it comes to food." I have lost weight every week except for one (where I only put on 200g anyway) and I have now lot 4.8kg - which is nothing to sneeze at!

My goals have changed since I first started and have now become a bit more realistic, and the thing is, I might not be losing weight as fast as others, and I may not have been able to exercise as much and I may be falling 'behind' - but I am still here!! I am still trying! My motivation may have waned, but I have not given up!

I haven't done my 4 week milestone (first weekend it rained, and it wouldn't have been safe. Last weekend I was too sick to get out of bed!) but not only am I determined to do it this weekend, but I have also signed up to do a 5.5km walk for a cure for diabetes! (http://walk.jdrf.org.au/teamParticipant.asp?par...) I think this is a great way to get me back into the swing of things and will be a great chance to do something before my first fun run/walk on the 30 October"."

Followed by this post:
"Well, I did the walk and the bushwalk!

It felt so great to be able to do my 4 week milestone!!! I put a picture below of me at the walk signage
The walk for diabetes was great! there were so many people there. We were able to set ourselves a steady brisk walk and managed to do the 5.5km in 55 minutes!!! so proud of that!! By the time I got back to the car I had burned 673 calories!!!"
I have to say that I feel like I am on top of the world now! Having Mish mention me has made me want to try harder!  Talk about great motivation & encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment