Monday, 7 May 2012

Getting Back On Track... And It Feels Awesome!

I have been meaning to write this post since Friday, but have just not managed to do it.  Admittedly, I have been focussing on uni and getting my final report done for biology and with exam starting next week I think it will be heads down, bums up... and probably an iritiable and stressed out student!

However, we started on Lite n' Easy on Friday after our first delivery.  I was hoping to have some photos to pop in here, but the delivery came while I was at work. At the moment, I am doing 7 days of lunches and dinners and so far I am loving it.  It has really taken the hassle out of everything (especially as yesterday I had to work in the morning with a baby shower in the afternoon and barely anytime to get lunch, but B was able to quickly get it ready as I ran around the house getting ready). I have left off breakfasts as I usually like to have porridge or cereal anyway, so it works out well.

I do have to confess that I have had a bit of chocolate as I have been more than a little hormonal, but not as much as I ususally would (we have put the rest of the chocolate in the freezer as I really hate cold chocolate - so I would have to really want it lol!) and yesterday I did have 2 cup cakes at the baby shower, but overall I have been sticking to it and I have already had more fruit & veggies than I usually would - and I love it!

I have decided to keep my weigh ins as Wednesdays, so that it just stays as that in my mind, plus I like the idea of weighing in with everyone else. I think I am still a 12WBTer at heart!

As for exercise, I really need to get back into it, and so far I have been all talk.  However, months ago I did sign up to do the 5km run for the Mother's Day Classic (this coming Sunday), and I have decided that I will still be participating, however I have emailed them and asked them to switch me to the 5km walk for a couple of reasons; a) I haven't been training and I wouldn't be able to run it and b) I don't want to push my knee and do any further damage to it.  I think that a walk would be a good way to see how I go and I am hoping the fun atmosphere will help break my exercise drought.

I have also decided that after my exams are done (or perhaps even before lol) that I want to start going to the gym 3 days a week.  I think right now I want to try and do the C25K.  It has been playing on my mind a bit since my previous post on running. I would love to be able to run in a fun run... I think that in a way, it would be one of those moments that I know that I could accomplish anything, as I have always told myself that I could never run.

I have also considered maybe trying to do another fitness test like in the 12WBT... but I am unsure.  I do like that it would be a great way to measure results, but I am still undecided.

No comments:

Post a Comment