Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Accountability

Well, it turns out that telling you all that I am going to get up at 7am and go for a walk actually keeps me accountable!

Who would have thought?!

I cannot begin to describe how hard it was for me to get out of bed this morning... I kept trying to tell myself that I promised to go for a walk, and if I didn't actually go, it just wouldn't happen... followed by, its ok, go back to sleep, you need sleep, it's only walking and you can go for a walk later...

So, at 7:09am I got up and out of bed and got ready, so that I was out the door at 7:20am. I tell you, the first few steps were the hardest!! By the time I got out of bed and got ready, I then had to convince myself to actually leave the house!

But, leave the house I did.  My goal was 15 minutes, but while I was walking I decided I would aim for 20 minutes.  I am not sure if I am just not walking anymore, or what was wrong, but I had some pain in my left leg, and the right side of my right foot was also in a fair bit of pain... From memory I usually have these kinds of issues the first time I exercise in a while, so hopefully tomorrow I will be right to go and will be able to walk more.

Initially I had a time goal in mind (I reverted back to 15 minutes) and then I turned it into a distance goal, so I walked to the end of the block, turned around and walked back.  I am hoping to be able to walk the full 5km that I have mapped out.

In the end, I had:
  • Walked for 18 minutes
  • Burned 183 calories
  • Walked for 1.75km

2 comments:

  1. Good girl! The first step of getting out of bed is always the hardest isn't it? The walk itself is easy compared to the mind games we play with ourselves!

    ReplyDelete