Friday, 17 February 2012

Blogger Challenge Answer: Week 1 - Introduction

Well, I suppose I should answer my own questions now!!

  1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. What makes you, you?
    Let's see, I'm 27, I have just gone back to uni to study nutrition, I'm a crafter (mostly knitter), I live with my awesome partner and a gorgeous 3 year old girl.  I'm independant, outspoken, an expert procrastinator, a massive stress-head and I always (always!) bite off more than I can chew - if there is a task, I will make it harder! I have a sweet tooth, I always argue with myself in my head and I have recently gotten into gardening.

  2. Why did you decide to do the 12WBT?
    I joined the 12WBT Round 3, 2011 to lose weight.  I didn't reach my goals, and I have come back to continue on my weightloss journey.
     
  3. What are you hoping to achieve through the program?
    I would love to not have a sweet tooth.  I don't think that is possible, but I would also like to lose about 20-25kg and be able to maintain it. 

  4. Why have you decided to blog about the 12WBT? What will be the main focus (eg, food, exercise, a bit of everything?)
    For me, it's everything.  I love chocolate and I am an emotional eater, so when I stress I wan't sweet foods.  I am also not a lover of exercising (give me my knitting or a good book any day!), but I would love to enjoy exercising and not have it be such a chore.

  5. How will you be exercising this round? Gym, home, outdoors or a mixture?
    I will be exercising at the gym and at home.  I will also do a little bit of outdoors work when I meet up with the Capital Punishment 12WBT crew in Canberra.

  6. What is your greatest strength that will help you?
    To be honest, I struggled with this question... my self confidence isn't as great as what it used to be... I suppose my greatest strength, is that I am always thinking about losing weight, so it's never far from my mind... other than that, I am a natural planner, so being organised helps.

  7. What are you afraid of?
    Like most people, I am afraid of failing... again...
    What I try to remember is that if I don't try now, then I will be in the same place (if not worse off) in 6 months time.
    The other thing that worries me, is that I will let my fear of failure stop me from actually trying...


  8. What are you looking forward to the most over the next 12 weeks?
    My goal this round is to lose weight, but I think most of all, I want to be able to run 5km in a fun run... to know that I did it all on my own and that I worked hard for it.

  9. What is your downfall? Food? Exercise? How will you overcome this?
    My biggest downfall is me!  I procrastinate and over analyse and then it doesn't get done.  I stress about the what if's that it actually paralyses and I don't get it done (Analysis Paralysis as Mish says!).
     

  10. If you had to pick one word to motivate you over the next 12 weeks, what would you choose?
    I actually did have a word in mind when I asked this question, but I can't remember it at the moment... so for now, lets say
  11. Routine

There it is!! First question answered!!!

11 comments:

  1. It's funny what you say about the sweet tooth - what I would love to happen is that I no longer crave bad foods, or that they taste yucky when I eat them after eating clean for a while. I have heard others say this, but sadly for me it does not apply! If I slip and eat a Whopper it tastes as good as ever even though I know it's terrible 'food'. I wish I could switch that off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a similar problem! I do know that if I 'detox' from it all, I can recognise if its a 'want' or a 'need'... most of the time it's a 'want' lol!

      You will get there!!

      Delete
  2. So I'm all done with my post (by the way - I could relate to every one of your answers!) and here's the link to it....

    http://thirty1thirty2thirty3.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/12wbt-blogger-challenge-week-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for running the challenge Whirlsie, and for your post. I'm really enjoying getting to know some of the other people on the 12WBT team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. I am a newbie and learning so much from you all. I love nothing more than reading blogs at night for motivation rather than watching telly. So I will be visiting here a lot. Keep the blogs coming!. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that reading other blogs is motivational too :)

      Delete
  5. Was really nice to read your answers. I found it interesting how much more I had to look inside myself for answers, when I did my post, rather than just randomly writing :)

    I love your one word to motivate yourself. I might need to adopt that one for myself too. Seems for me, so far, that routine is the hardest thing for me to get right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found it a little more challenging than usual. It's hard to dig deep sometimes.

      I love a routine... although I find it hard to keep to one!

      Delete
  6. Hi Whirlsie,
    Thanks so much for doing the challenge. I so wish I was organised like you :) I look forward to getting to know you along this journey.
    All the best,
    Kaz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kaz! I am so glad you are enjoying the challenge!! Don't forget the new question came out this morning!!

      Delete