Saturday, 11 February 2012

Task 5: Say It Out Loud

Last round I got stuck on this pre season task, however, I have to say that this time I have found it even harder.

I have lost pretty much all of my self confidence when it comes to the program.  I am struggling to honestly believe that I can do this; that I can stick to it and that I can just get it done.

I struggle with the belief that this will be the last time I do this, that it's for life and overall that I can stick to the program.  It is amazing how many mind games there are when it comes to weightloss, and I think that battling your inner demons has to be (for me at least) the hardest part of the whole journey.  I mean, how do you get yourself up and out of bed and on your way to the gym when you can't find a positive thing to relate to yourself and your weightloss journey?

The key is (and what I keep trying to tell myself) to become a robot and just do it (or JFDI as Mish says). I know that when I exercise and eat right I feel amazing - and that includes my mental health, but it doesn't mean that it isn't hard.

So, in saying that, I am making my commitment.

  1. Exercise each day.  Don't beat myself up if you don't crack 500 calories each session. Push myself, but not so that I burn out
  2. Eat the best that I possibly can.  Eating veges every night and no more take away.
  3. Eat atleast 1 piece of fruit per day.
  4. Drink more water! Lay off the diet coke
  5. Learn to run - do the C25K program so that I can run the whole way in a fun run
  6. Don't compare myself to others! Everyone is different and has different lifestyles.
  7. Exercise in the mornings - it's done and dusted and my day hasn't started yet
  8. Focus mainly on excercise - just get it done. The weight will come off - just do the right thing.
  9. Get to more group workouts - I feel so much better when I don't feel like I am on my own
  10. Remember that I can succeed at what I want - just keep going and keep exercising.

No comments:

Post a Comment