Well, I think all of those annoying TTOM hormones are now under control again and I don't need to be so damn sooky!
After my outpouring the other night I just felt so much better having getting it all off my chest. Over the last couple of days I have been thinking about what needs to be done, and what can be done to help me more. So, I have pulled out my Weight Watchers books and I have started tracking my eating using this tool.
What I do love about this program is that it's really just like calorie counting and what I have done in the past, but it really puts a focus on "Filling and Healthy Foods" (fruit, veggies, dairy, etc) which are basically foods that aren't processed. It seems like a small thing, but for me it really does help with my mindset as I have already found it easier to focus on these kinds of foods and look at how to incorporate them in my diet.
It has been different this time around to do it all 'manually', when I have done WW in the past I have been a member and used the online tools (basically a tracking diary online which is really useful - especially the search function! lol), but I have my tracking book that I didn't use last time, so I have started writing in that. If I had some extra money, I think I would sign up for the Unlimited option again, mostly for the accountability of weighing in there and having that constant reminder once a week (like a bit of a goal I suppose), plus the leader was so lovely and supportive.
In my last post, I asked about forums, well, it turns out I still have access to the forum on WW, so that is pretty cool. I have already put a post up as an introduction and to ask for support - which I have already recieved in bucketloads! The thing that I do need to do (or try to do) is to actually speak out more when I am upset or worried or something on the forums or even on this blog. I think that when I am feeling down I do tend to just shut myself off from the world and just bottle it all up, and not wanting to worry anyone. I need to be a bit more out there.
When I first started WW I joined up with a friend (and then we both did 12WBT together too lol), so last night I sent her a message to let her know that I had pulled out my old books again and was going to start again. Depending on how things go, we might end up doing it together again. In the meantime, she has suggested that maybe we have our own 'meetings' basically where we can catch up and give each other support and ideas.
A few weeks ago I had the idea of counting calories again, in truth... this failed... hopefully counting 'propoints' will be more successful... I'm not sure why, but I just feel a little more confident about the propoints as opposed to calories. Nuts, right?!
Now, I have another confession to make... I have been considering the idea of getting rid of my gym membership. I love going, but it's just not happening at the moment, and that's $52 a month that could be used towards something else. Right now, I am not convinced, or should I say, I feel guilty for cancelling it. I think what I might do though is give it another month and see how much I use the membership. Uni goes back next week, and I will have pretty much half days everyday. Hopefully I can get my butt into gear and pack my gym bag everynight and just go to the gym on the way home. My other option for if I stopped my membership was to exercise at home using the Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2012 on the Xbox, which I do love! And going for walks (something I admit that I am not good at doing!). One day I would love to get back into bellydancing, but I think that might be a little further off.
Now, I am actually 2 weeks late with my stats, but rather than waiting another 2 weeks, I figure I will just do them now. I will need to get a photo taken (hopefully I remember tonight!) and I will update the "Progress Page". This morning I weighed in at 104.1kg, so a little up from last week, but considering its TTOM and I haven't been eating the best, I'm good with that.

No comments:
Post a Comment