Wednesday, 15 August 2012

I've been meaning to write this post all week!

I keep coming up with topics to blog about, but actually getting in here and doing it is another story!!

The last week has been a little hectic.  I have been off to the doctors to get some stronger antibiotics for an infection that has come back and uni has also gone back, so I have been trying to get ready for that... and attempting to get back intot he swing of things and set up some good study habits... which hasn't gone as well as I would have hoped.

Over the last week I have also been tracking propoints in a half-arsed kinda manner, so yesterday I started doing it properly.  Over the last week though, I have been noticing more of what I actually have been eating... and some of it really suprised me!  Not only what I was eating, but how much!  Portion control people!! lol I have already upped my fruit and veggie intake, which is one of the reasons why I love Weight Watchers, because it really does help me work those in.

Up until last night I had been tracking at home, using all of the books and tools here, but last night I decided to sign up for the 2 week free online trial, to see what will work best for me.  I have to admit though, that while the tracker does look pretty and it can be easier to search for food items, it's really not much different to just tracking at home, so depending on how I feel about it in 2 weeks time, I might just go back to tracking at home.

I have been trying to figure out the best format to do it in, At Home, Online or Unlimited (meetings), my way of thinking at the moment is that it's all pretty much the same... either way it is up to you to eat the filling and healthy foods, exercise and to track it all.  For what I can do at home for free, it does seem a little silly to pay $30 a month to use an online tool (especially when I have access to the forums anyway), or $65 a month to use both the online tracker and to attend 4 meetings. Maybe it would be different if my motivation was gone? What do you guys think??

One funny (or not-so-funny) thing I found out last night is that since my last WW weigh in in July last year I have put on 18.2kg... that's about 1.5kg a month!  I keep having what my friend said to me roll around my head "But... You were so strict!" and right now that is a really big motivator...

I weighed in this morning at 103.8kg, so not the greatest, but considering my half-arsed attempt this week, I'm happy with that 300g lol. The scales are still going down!!

I also went back to the gym yesterday, I did mean to go on Monday, but I had to cancel that due to some funky side effects from the antibiotics, but I was feeling ok yesterday so I just did some light exercising (treadmill, rowing, bike).  When I got home though, I had so much energy!  After the gym I ended up; doing the groceries, cleaning the kitchen, cook lunch, make a loaf of bread, bring washing in and do some gardening!  However... after all that I was pretty exhausted lol!!  But WOW!! It felt so awesome to have all of that extra energy!!!  Go exercising!! lol

I had to share this picture with you all... it's something I need to remind myself of constantly!


No comments:

Post a Comment