The other night I was thinking about what clothes should I be wearing, in a "Trinny & Susannah should come and save me" fashion sense, and I decided to do a bit of googling.
I managed to find a calculator at Shop Your Shape as my judgement cannot be trusted when it comes to my perception of my body. The result it brought back was that I am a spoon.
As a Spoon Body type (sometimes called figure 8), your hips are larger than your bust and you have a defined waist. Your hips have a “shelf” appearance, you are prone to gaining weight in your tummy and have a tendency towards love-handles. While you may gain weight in your upper thighs and upper arms, your lower legs and arms are shapely and your best assets.
This is pretty spot on for me... My hips are like a shelf - and while it probably seems a little strange, it's just nice to know that this is normal... My hips are a PITA, it's hard to find something that flatters, but also makes them a little slimmer, and I don't even want to talk about trying to find something to fit!
Luckily for me there are a few sites out there that can help me work it out! While I am in no way shape or form a fashionista, I am hoping that I can pull some tips in what to look for in clothes. Apparently, this is what I need to look for:
The key to dressing a Spoon body type is to draw attention to your upper body while deemphasizing your tummy and hips to create a more balanced appearance and create the illusion of an hourglass figure. Your legs are one of your best asset, so feel free to play with skirt lengths and show them off! To create the most curvaceous effect mix and match our suggested separates.
The only downside I can find to the Shop Your Shape size is that they don't have more examples, the reason for this is that they pointed out the most gorgeous dress, that simply put I WANT! It's from ModCloth, which I had heard of before, but now I think I may become a customer as they have some amazing stuff! The picture on the right is the dress suggested and I am just so in love!! Admittedly, Shop Your Shape does have a "virtual shopper", so I have signed up for that and I will be interested in seeing what it sends back to me.
I mentioned before that I am not usually into fashion, the reason I have been looking into all of this is mostly because as I have put on weight recently, there is now a lack of clothes that fit me in my wardrobe, so I thought I would make some! Basically, what I have done is made myself a couple of A+ Skirts by Make It Perfect in a cord fabric (pinwale) so that I could have something comfy and cute in the Canberra winter. Initially I made one in black and one in green, but I love them so much that I yesterday I bought some red and blue fabric. I am not usually so bright in my clothing choices, but they actually make me feel quite fun and confident in them... especially with tights and boots! I might actually post up some pictures of me wearing them (if anyone is interested! lol). I had made a few of these skirts for summer, but I was curious how they would go in a heavier fabric - and I think they are awesome!!

No comments:
Post a Comment