Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Promise Kept!

I finished uni today, got in the car and had an "oh crap!" moment when I realised that I had promised everyone that I was gonna go to the gym today...

Well, I went!

As I said, I was only gonna take it easy, which I did, but I am so glad that I kept to that as while I was fine in the beginning, by the time I got to the last 10 minutes or so I could feel the strain in my knee.

What I was hoping to do was:
  • 10 minutes on the treadmill (walking)
  • 10 minutes on the cross trainer (walking)
  • 10 minutes on the bike (low-medium speed)

What I actually did was:
  • 10 minutes on the treadmill (walking)
  • 5 minutes on the cross trainer (walking)
  • 5 minutes on the bike (low-medium speed)
I know it seems quite small, but I think it was a good start and it gives me something to improve on.

As proof, here is my calorie burn from my HRM


2 comments:

  1. good girl! baby steps! And turning those thoughts from "nah too hard" to "just do it" is the hardest part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree!! I struggle with the "just do it!"

      Delete