Saturday, 16 June 2012

Perception

You know, perception is a funny thing...

Michelle Bridges and I (July 2010)When the picture (right) was taken, I was so convinced this was a horrible photo, that I looked awful! I thought I was so fat and how much I hated my hips.  That I had lost so much weight, but you really couldn't even tell.

When I came across this photo tonight, I just thought "OMG!  How thin do I look!!" My face looks so thin and so do my arms... yes, I have big hips, but WOW! Look at my waist! There is definition!!  Even my nect looks thin as does my chest! (not small boobs (although, yes, they are smaller lol) but the part under my neck looks thinner).  And then I remembered how I felt when the photo was taken.

It struck me how weird perception is... I guess it brings back that old saying "you don't know what you've got until it's gone", you just don't seem to appreciate stuff until it's not there anymore... hindsight is a beautiful thing!

At the time this picture was taken, I was probably about the 80kg mark... a good 20kg less than I am now... crazy!!  I was at the gym regularly and my eating was pretty awesome.  MB had come to my gym for the 1st birthday (I think it was) and also did a book signing.  She was pretty inspriring to meet in person! In truth, I didn't really like her before I actually met her! lol

Do you have anything like this? Where your perception has changed completely?

No comments:

Post a Comment