I have been away thinking about this and the next task (Evening Routine), not because we don't have one, but because I have been thinking about what we can add to it.
And because I am a big meanie, it was mostly what kind of tasks can I get Miss 4 to help us out with? It's not even that it will necessarily help us out with a lot, but more to get her into a routine and to help her have a little more responsibility and to be able to build onto this as time goes on.
B and I are pretty big on reward systems (at least we are when I think about it), and as we are in the final stages of toilet training, we do already have one reward system in place with the use of stickers and rewards that she has chosen herself (a balloon, a cookie, a goldfish, a dress). So, we have been thinking that if we give her this daily routine and reward, that it would actually need to be different to what we currently have in place... and it looks like we may be implementing the pocket money system! haha!! Although at this stage it is for her to put into her money box.
To start with, I guess I should put down what our current routine is. We don't really run it by times as such, but we do have an order in which things are done (this is from my POV, B has a slightly different routine):
- Wake up and get Miss 4
- Make coffee for me and breakfast for Miss 4
- Get clothes ready for Miss 4
- Get dressed
- Miss 4 puts her bowl on the bench, nappy in the bin and pyjamas on her lounge
- Maybe make another coffee and possibly breakfast (really need to work on this one!)
- Head out to work or uni or to the study
Now that's all out there and on 'paper', the really can be some improvements... I have to admit... I really am not a morning person... and will quite often run a little late out the door to work/uni... and I don't particularly want to get up earlier.
However, there are a few things that I think that could be implemented:
Add the following in for myself/B:
- Make bed & open blinds
- Unpack the dishwasher
- Repack dishwasher with morning dishes
- Wipe down kitchen benches
Add the following in for Miss 4:
- Make bed
- Put pyjamas on bed
- Tidy room & lounge room (toys away and clothes in hamper)
- Wipe down her table after meals
- Pick up 'mess' under her table after meals (hopefully this will teach her not to be such a grub! haha!)
I think when adding these new things it, it will be a bit of a trial and error, but this is how I see it so far:
- Wake up, make bed & open blinds
- Get Miss 4 up
- Make coffee for me and breakfast for Miss 4
- Unpack dishwasher
- Get clothes ready for Miss 4
- Get dressed
- Miss 4 puts her bowl on the bench, nappy in the bin
- Miss 4 to:
- Take pyjamas to her room
- Make bed
- Tidy room
- Tidy loungeroom
- Wipe down her table and 'mess'
- Maybe make another coffee and have breakfast
- Repack dishwasher and wipe down benches
- Head out to work or uni or to the study
I may have forgotten something, but for now, I think this could be doable...

No comments:
Post a Comment