Thursday, 26 January 2012

Task 3: Set Your Goals

It's time to set some goals.  This round I have put a focus on exercise more than anything else. Exercise seems to be my downfall as I just don't like it. I also know that if I exercise I am more likely to eat healthier.

So, these are my goals so far, but I may be adding to them over the coming weeks.

Overall Goal: Lose 15-30kg

1 Month Goals
  • Lose 4kg - 1kg per week
  • Be able to run 1km without stopping
  • Not give up on the program when going gets tough
  • Swim more - teach yourself technique
  • Be able to swim 5 laps without stopping
  • Do a fun run
How I will get there
  • Follow Mish's exercise and eating plans
  • Focus more on getting exercise in as this is a hard point for me
  • Follow Mish's learn to run program
  • Keep it simple, try not to stress so much, just get it done. Analysis Paralysis
  • Go to the pool once a week, push yourself a little further each time
  • Find out when the fun runs are and sign up straight away
  • Train for the fun runs
 
3 Month Goals
  • Lose 12kg - 1kg per week
  • Be able to run 4km without stopping
  • Advance to the intermediate level
  • Not give up on the program when going gets tough
  • Swim more - teach yourself technique
  • Be able to swim 10 laps without stopping
  • Do some fun runs 
How I will get there
  • Follow Mish's exercise and eating plans
  • Focus more on getting exercise in as this is a hard point for me
  • Follow Mish's learn to run program
  • Keep it simple, try not to stress so much, just get it done. Analysis Paralysis
  • Go to the pool once a week, push yourself a little further each time
  • Find out when the fun runs are and sign up straight away
  • Train for the fun runs 

6 Month Goals
  • Lose 22kg
  • Be in the fit & strong category
  • Be in more fun runs - Run a full one!
How I will get there
  • Follow Mish's plan
  • Eat healthy, balanced meals
  • Don't beat myself up if I go off the rails
  • Find out when the fun runs are and sign up straight away
  • Train for the fun runs

12 Month Goals
  • Maintain my weight
  • Be slim and fit for Casey's Wedding 
How I will get there
  • Continue eating healthy, balanced meals and exercising

Upcoming Fun Runs

No comments:

Post a Comment