Thursday, 19 January 2012

What happened?!

I started this week determined to get back into my workouts and to start working out in the mornings.  Well, I did on Monday - and that was it! 

I had a down couple of days, where I was sad and completely unmotivated, and to be honest, I was struggling to believe that I could do this program.  I mean, I wasn't able to do the program the last time I tried, why can I do it this time.  I know that this is such a downer of a topic, but I have always promised that I would be completely honest on this blog.

I have actually started feeling better about it all really, I think my biggest thing is that I really feel alone in undertaking this.  I have people around be yes, but the truth is, I know that it's all up to me and no one else can do it for me.  I think that the enormity of it all is starting to get to me, as I need to do so much planning and organising to make sure that I can keep everyone happy - including myself.

I know that last round I had a lot of big changes going on in my life, but I am worried that this round won't be any different as I will be starting uni (I have never done that before!) and I am worried about how I will go with fitting it all in...

Anyway, I'm pretty much back to myself today, but I thought I should pop in and put these thoughts down - and I guess to let all the newbies out there know that these moments are normal during the program, I think the key is to just get on with it.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for such an honest blog, Whirsie - I can really relate to how you've been feeling (and I'm glad you're feeling back to your normal self today). I don't know why this happens, but my new little mantra is "you can't believe everything you think" and so when I feel negative, I need to challenge the big sweeping statements i make in my mind (eg, for me it's that I've got sooooo much weight to lose, I'll never really look any good anyway, so i might as well not even try) and just get on with it. Good also to know the forums and blogs are there at all times - did you utilise them on your previous rounds? Thanks foryour blog, looking forward to your blog challenges coming up, and hope you have a great 12wbt round ahead. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your reply. It is such a mind game. I think my biggest focus this round will be to just get on with it and do it. I know that all of the negative talk is silly, because everything I say against myself is fixable and in my control. I think it really comes down to fear of failure... And quite honestly, that I am feeling so lazy right now lol.

      I'm glad you are looking forward to the blogging challenge! I can't wait for it to kick off!

      Delete
  2. Hi Whirlsie,
    Thanks you so much for your honesty. I have felt that same way plenty of times. I've tried and bummed out of two rounds with the same feelings which I let get hold of me. I am sure you can do it, and as I keep telling myself, just one task/step/job at a time. Try not to look at the big picture and think about one day at a time. I am also doing uni again (I deferred last semester as it was just too much) but taking small steps and only doing one subject in first semester so I can focus on me. What are you studying?
    I'm glad you are feeling better and back to your old self.
    Kaz xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kasamy :)

      Believe it or not, I am studying nutrition. A few years ago my health was in a bad way, and I lost about 20kg, from there, I decided I wanted to help people do the same thing, and I chose to become a dietician. Now, I have put weight back on and am back at square one lol!! I was studying by distance, but will now be going full time. What are you studying?

      Delete
    2. Hi Whirlsie,
      I am studying Social Work with some Psychology. Good on you going full time - I am way too scared for that yet, maybe in another year I will go full-time.... eeek. You will do great in your field as you have experience behind you and will be able to help your clients so much better. All the best,
      Kaz :)

      Delete
  3. Oi! You are certainly NOT alone! I'm here :)

    I am starting Uni too! Taking 2 classes to "ease" into it, but with three kids, uni, and my work schedule (only 4 hours a week, but still...) it will not be easy!!!

    Here's what I'm doing. I've decided (and You MUST choose to decide!) that I'm going to walk every morning, listening to my fav podcasts, from 6-6:45am. 45 minutes. THEN on top of that I will get in at least 3-5 additional heavy work-out's during the week. Min 3. Hoping for 5. Like a bike ride, dvd, running, swimming, something sweaty, ya know?

    The walking is so great cuz it energizes me but doesn't increase my appetite like running does. Each day I walk in the morning, I find I have HEAPS more energy. And more motivation to eat right too! It's like a magic cure. Love it :) And of course, the sun and outdoors, I suppose, is healty! Not only for your body, but your mind and spirit too.

    We can do this! Don't jump in the deep end if you don't think you can swim. Start in the kiddy pool... baby steps :)

    HUGS! Hope you feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annalisa201

      Thank you for your comment :) I will be going back to full time study (4 classes), I have a step daughter and at this stage will be trying to work 24 hours a week! Crazy times ahead I think! haha!

      Like you, I think morning workouts will be best, that way it's all done and I don't need to worry about it for the rest of the day... the hardest part for me is getting out of bed!! I am not a morning person! Because I am a night owl, I tend to stay up late and struggle to go to bed early lol.

      Thank you for you post! The support really helps!!

      Delete