By cracked it, I don't mean that I have gone bonkers... I am actually refering to the fact that I now weigh over 100kg... yup... I weighed in yesterday at 100.5kg...
I have come to the realisation that Easter and I do not mix well together... especially in a (now) 3 person household where one is a chocoholic (that would be ME!), one non-chocoholic (B) and one who would be a chocoholic if we let her (Miss 3). Basically, we got 3 peoples worth of chocolate and pretty much only me eating it... which is really not a good option...
So, last night I had a really good talk to myself (hmmm.... am I bonkers?!) and I have come to realise that I am honestly feeling more at peace with getting back onto the wagon and getting it going again. I have also decided to come up with a list of healthy snacks (my downfall) and I will be continuing to use the Menu Planner app on my iPad as it has honestly made life easier for us.
This morning I measured myself for the first time in months, and I have to admit, I was more than a little astounded by the numbers that came up!
Week 1
Wednesday 18 April 2012
| Change | Total Loss | ||
| Weight: | 100.5kg | n/a | n/a |
| Arm: | 30.5cm | n/a | n/a |
| Bust: | 116cm | n/a | n/a |
| Waist: | 125cm | n/a | n/a |
| Hips: | 126cm | n/a | n/a |
| Thigh: | 73cm | n/a | n/a |
I have come to the decision that it is time that I start putting myself out there 100%. Owning up to my stuff ups and celebrating the wins. I am only human afterall!
So, I am very much a goal oriented person, and as B and I have been thinking about taking a holiday (like a cruise) for a while now (I mentioned it a few posts ago that it may be a bit of a reward) I have decided to aim towards that. I have also come up with a few other goals/rewards to help me along. Now, I have put away all of the remaining easter eggs, although I do know where they are, I am hoping to use them as more of a reward. Now, I know that you shouldn't reward yourself with food, but I am hoping that having them there will help to teach me a bit of self control.
I have put together the following list of goals. I have pinched this idea and format from Mandy over at Fearless, Fabulous, Female... and Forty!! (hope that's ok Mandy!) I may add to this list, as I go along, but at this stage, this is it:
Heaviest Ever
|
100.5kg | |
Goal Weight
|
74kg | |
| WEIGHT | MINI GOAL DETAILS | STATUS |
99.9
|
Back to the 90's | |
95.5
|
5kg and 5% lost | |
| Fit into my 'fat' pants comfortably | ||
90.5
|
10kg and 10% lost | |
89.9
|
in the 80's | |
| Complete the C25K | ||
89.6
|
Get to Overweight BMI of 29.9 | |
| Size 14 clothes | ||
85.5
|
15kg lost | |
| Run a 5km Fun Run | ||
80.5
|
20 kg lost | |
79.9
|
Livin' in the 70's | |
| Size 12 clothes | ||
75.5
|
25kg lost | |
74.6
|
Get to Healthy BMI of 24.9 | |
** 74 **
|
GOAL | |
70.5
|
30kg lost | |
69.9
|
in the 60's |
![]() |
| See - gym bag is packed and is in the car! |
I am really missing exercising too... and I am so afraid of injuring my knee further, I have been avoiding it. My physio has given me a few exercises to do (which I really should do! lol) and overally is really happy with my progress. I think I find it a bit hard to go to the gym and sit on the bike or the cross trainer for only about 10 mins (as much as I can take at the moment.) - mostly I think it's frustrating, but I need to start somewhere I know. In fact, today I felt so motivated that I actually packed my gym bag and put it in the car!! Now I just need to get my sorry arse to the gym! I have been meaning to pack it and have it ready in the car... have to admit I am a little proud I did it... baby steps!
You might remember a while ago I set myself the goal of running in 3 fun runs. Well, 2 of them have gone, but the Mother's Day Classic is coming up and I have recieved my tag and number, and I really think that it will be a good thing to do. Now, with my knee and my fitness levels at the moment, I won't be running, but I do want to do it - even though it will be the weekend before my exams start.
I am also wanting to get the winter veggie garden up and running, so over the next week I am planning on getting the patch ready and planted. Speaking of the garden, I cooked up some of the most delicious tomato relish the other day using this recipe and tomatoes from our garden. We have started using a lot more of the veggies we have grown and it's so wonderful to know that we are eating fresh and that we have grown it ourselves!

Well done! Excellent achievement and I love your mini goals!!
ReplyDelete