Sunday, 1 April 2012

Oh, Easter!! It's A Love/Hate Relationship...

I love chocolate!!

So much so that I can, quite easily, polish off a block of chocolate in one sitting... While B probably thinks I eat a lot of it (he doesn't have a sweet tooth lol), I barely eat it compared to the amount that used to pass my lips... which, looking back, was quite a scary amount!

However, it is Easter - and I love Easter egg chocolate!!! It is by far my favourite kind of chocolate (in particular, Red Tulip Bunnies).  A friend and I, years ago, actually used to go into town on Easter Monday and buy up all of the half priced  eggs! It was heaven!!

Admittedly, now I find that I can't eat as much chocolate as I used to, but I can still consume a fair amount!!  The other issue I have found over the years, is that I seem to need to "detox" from chocolate... after 3 days of not eating chocolate (and craving it something shocking!) I find that I don't really want it.  I can go without! I love it when I am in this frame of mind!

Another observation I have had, is that when I stress, I want comfort food... and uni seems to be a bit of a stress filled experience for me at this stage.  I find that when I am studying, I want to snack on foods... I don't know why, I don't know if this is what I used to do and it's subconcious, but I just want to eat...

So, what does this post have to do with anything?  Well, right now, I can't stop thinking about chocolate... the fact that it's almost Easter, and the stores are filled with Easter eggs... and I want them!!  I have made it though 3 months of having them on the shelves, but now that Easter is around the corner, it's all that I want!!

In fact, I had one the other day, and even while I was eating it, I noticed that it didn't give me the same "happy" feeling I used to get... which is great!!  The only problem is... I still want it!

So, I am glad that Easter will be over in a week... although it won't stop me from eating the eggs in the meantime... at least it won't be as much as what I would have usually have eaten, and I can find some form of self control...

No comments:

Post a Comment