I'm being a little naughty (I should be working on a scientific report right now... haha!) and I am writing a post on something I have been meaning to write for the last week...
![]() |
| 2007 - At my (previously) heaviest weight |
When I went back onto Calorie King I was going through all of my old profile settings and came across some photos. One was my original before photo... when I was at my heaviest of 99kg and the second was my 'after' photo where I wasn't at my goal weight (never reached it lol), I was still 10kg from reaching goal.
![]() |
| My 'after' photo - in Paris & on top of the world |
There is about 18 months difference between the photos, and I can remember how I was feeling both times the photos were taken. At my heaviest, I remember feeling so self concious. I was with friends who I know loved me for me, but at the same time, looking back, I know that I was miserable. I wasn't happy with who I was, I was battling depression, I felt frumpy, and just felt like I filled the room - and not in the good way. The 'after' photo I was in Paris. I was living my dream of going to Europe. I felt like I was on top of the world. I felt like I could do anything! I wasn't battling depression anymore and all of my health problems had disapeared - I could do anything!!!
![]() |
| Close to my lightest weight of my weightloss journey |
I don't have any photos of me at my lightest weight, but I do have one at a friends party when we were playing pool. I am only a couple of kilos off my lightest at this point. Maybe it's just me, but I can see the differences in my smile - I am just so much happier and more content within myself... I love feeling this way... the power of the mind is amazing! This photo was taken in April 2010 - it actually doesn't seem that long ago. It is amazing how much can change in such a short time!
![]() |
| I'm working on a new me... |
But, here I am now. At my heaviest weight ever... but I am determined to make all of the changes in my life work for me... rather than have me running around with no idea what is happening. I actually don't have a photo of me at the moment, but I think what I would like to do is to have a current "before" photo, you know, starting fresh and all of that.
I have learned a lot over the last 5 years, and I know that this will help me with my current weight loss journey... I can't wait to feel on top of the world again!! I have even more going for me now than I did back in 2008! I have a wonderful new family and I am living my current dream of going to uni! Big changes can take a lot of getting used to - but I know that I can do it!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment