Saturday, 6 October 2012

Saturday Morning Bushwalk

This morning I went for my bushwalk as planned.  It was great to get out there again with the walking, and I was lucky to have a friend come with me. 
 
As I said in a previous post, I really love bushwalking, there is something about being out in nature that is so relaxing yet invigorating.
 
Unfortunately, the walk didn't exactly go to plan.  Our 2.6km walk which should have taken about 30 minutes, ended up taking about an hour... and was probably about 4.5km... the thing is, we got to a certain point, and then there were no signs and no clear path.  I had a quick look at the gps/maps on my phone and the road would have taken us the wrong way... so being the daughter of a ranger and having learned that only fools leave the path, we turned around and walked back the way we knew, hence the extra time and distance.
 
All in all, it was great.  It was nice to get out in nature, great to catch up with a friend, and an awesome but accidental extra workout.  I ended up burning 450 calories!! Haven't had a workout like that for a while... and the best part is, it didn't even feel like it!!

4 comments:

  1. That's great! I did that once too and had a whole heap of friends following me. We added about 4 hours to our walk and got back just as night fell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol!! I have been thinking about emailing *someone* about the state of the tracks out there... just don't know who!

      Delete
  2. I love being out in nature too. I feel like it wakes up a different part of my brain!

    Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. It's so lovely to hear from readers. :)

    Ash
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting on my blog too :) I love it when people do too :)

      I feel the same, every time I am out in nature I wonder why I haven't done it for so long!

      Delete