You may have heard recently about Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation (12WBT), I know of a few people who have been talking about it, including a friend of mine who has recently lost almost 16kg in the 12 week program.
Now, anyone who knows me, will know that I am not into fad diets. I have never done one, and will always refuse to do one... This program takes a holistic approach to losing weight and becoming healthy - mentally, physically and nutritionally.
I have always had this program in the back of my head - from when the very first announcement was made, but never really thought I could do it, mostly because it does look a little rigid in the meal plans and to be completely honest - I was scared of how much the workouts were going to hurt! afterall, it's Michelle Bridges!!!
Anyway, that little spiel brings me to my next little announcement -
I HAVE SIGNED UP!!!
That's right - I signed up yesterday! After talking to my friend who did it, and another of my friends (as well as the boyfriend) for their opinions, I decided to just bite the bullet! The final decision was made when I told my friend "I'm scared of failing", to which the reply was:
"Your not scared of failing, because its what you are already doing. It's success your scared of."
Basically, I am already failing, because I have put the weight back on, and it's true - I am scared of success... but I am hoping that with all of the "mind work" I will need to do that I can overcome this and stop sabotaging myself. I am taking this program 100% serious. I am dedicated to doing all of the preseason tasks to the best of my ability, I will do everything that Michelle tells me to do and I will try all kinds of new foods! I will even eat the foods I'm not that fond of (such as tomatoes) in the hopes that one day I will learn to like them
Last night, I was going through my Crunch Time book, and realised that I had forgotten that I actually have a signed copy - that's right, I have met Michelle Bridges (pic below). Looking back, I have to say that out of her and Shannon, I always preferred Shannon, but I think that's actually because I knew I wouldnt be able to get away with anything with Michelle... and believe me - I would try! So, I am saying here and now, that during this process I am going to try my hardest to be completely honest with you all, it won't be easy, and I am hoping that I will be able to recognise when I am lying to myself and to you all as well - so please, pull me up on it!
This pic was actually taken when I was about 10kg lighter... gosh I really don't like my hips! lol
So anyway, I think thats about it for now, I think I will post all about my preseason tasks here as well as general updates and what not. I hope that those of you reading will enjoy this blog and join in on this journey with me!
Oh and a little side note, I am considering doing a little bit of a video blog too, so let me know if you think I should - although if I do this blog will become private and people will have to request to follow it, just to allow me to feel not so silly lol.

No comments:
Post a Comment