I have been a little lagging in getting this post up, mostly because I have really struggled with setting some goals this time around. I don't know why I have struggled so much with this as I am a goal oriented person, but I think it's because (and I am being totally honest here), I wonder if I really can achieve them... I have set myself so many goals in the past, and I have struggled to reach them as I usually lose focus or go off track with my eating.
On one hand, I know that an all or nothing approach doesn't work, as you tend to binge, but on the other, how do you make sure that you are able to 'treat' yourself without going completely in the opposite direction?? This is something that I struggle with all the time because as soon as I let myself 'treat' myself with a chocolate or something, i just keep 'treating' myself until all of a sudden those 20kg have crept back on...
I need to change my mindset that I am not missing out on anything, that I am choosing this way of life. I just don't know how to stop when it comes to food that I love... other than just cutting it out completely. I do remember when I initially lost weight, I didn't have chocolate for 6 months, and by the end of it I didn't actually need chocolate, but one day I thought, why not?! and that was that... I brought it back into my life...
Where is my will power, and will it stay?
Anyway, onto goal setting, I have been thinking long and hard about what I want to achieve, and it has been really hard to figure out what I want and how to harness that into a motivator, but these are some of the things that I have come up with:
1 Month
Goals
- Lose 6 kg
- Stay on plan with food and exercise
- Start exercising in the mornings
- Do more core exercises - don't be afraid!
- Try new classes (like boxing)
- Go on a hike in a National Park
- Follow 12WBT program
- Do what Michelle tells me
- Make sure I visit the gym
- Go to bed earlier to get up earlier
- Talk with B about helping me out where needed
- Do more classes at the gym, like core and boxing
- Organise a trip out to the National Park
3 Months
Goals
- Lose 15 kg
- Run 3km without stopping
- Fit into my work uniform
- Go Paddleboating on Lake Burley Griffin
- WIN 12WBT!!!!! (just putting it out there - I would love to win whatever category I am in! lol)
- Burn 40,000 calories
- Have a waist measurement of under 100cm
- Up my weights in pump class to 3.75kg for upper body and 5kg for lower body
- Follow 12WBT program
- Do what Michelle tells me
- Make sure I visit the gym
- Follow the running program
- Organise a trip out to the lake and hire a paddleboat. Work out enough to be able to handle the energy required.
- Do core exercises and cardio to get a flatter tummy
- Continue to go to pump classes and up the weights after 6-8 weeks
6 Months
Goals
- Get to my goal weight of 74kg or a size 12
- Wear a bikini on our holiday to Port Douglas
- Swim in the great Barrier Reef
- Walk in the Daintree Rainforest
- Be trim, toned and curvy - not bumpy
- Have a pin up photo shoot
- Have a waist measurement of under 80cm
- Fit into my size 12 netball uniform
- Sign up for the next round of 12WBT program
- Do core exercises and cardio to get a flatter tummy
12 Months
Goals
- Maintain my healthy weight and lifestyle and prepare my body for having children
- Be able to run a full game of netball
- Continue to go to the gym and eat healthily by eating plenty of fruit and veges
- Continue with the running program
Well, I definitely expanded that goal list!! lol
No comments:
Post a Comment