I have been thinking really hard about everything I tell myself about why I don’t exercise or eat right, and I am amazed by how long it is!! I started it last night, and as I have thought of more I have come back to continually update it. I thought I would share some of mine with you:
- I don’t enjoy exercise
- Not all exercise is grunting and moaning – find the fun stuff to do!
- I get dizzy in the mornings if i exercise too hard
- Eat something beforehand to give you energy – like a protein bar or something (note to self – find a good protein bar lol)
- I always quit – why will this be different
- This program gets results, you have seen it! This program offers a lot more support and Mish is going to be around to kick your arse!! The people on the forums will also be around to support you – be as open and honest as you possibly can and you WILL SUCCEED!!!
- I can’t go to the gym today, it’s going to hurt and I’ll be too tired and tomorrow (pinched this one from someone else on the forum – thank you for reminding me that I use it too lol)
- seriously?! you are TIRED now! It might hurt or feel a bit sore and stiff tomorrow, but how HOT are you going to look?! You can’t get the body you want by sitting around on the lounge eating chocolate and watching Stargate!
- It’s too much effort to go to the gym
- The gym is on the same street as your work – you drive past it in the mornings AND the afternoons – suck it up princess and move it!
- I should be cleaning/cooking instead of working out
- You don’t live on your own anymore, you have a supportive partner who has no issues with cooking or cleaning
- I have to be home in time to let The Boyfriend in to the garage (only one remote)
- give him the remote and tell him you will be late home (also told him this excuse last night and he said that wasn’t gonna fly and he was gonna get another remote done up today lol)
- I deserve to have chocolate because I work hard
- You have a chocolate addiction – when you don’t eat it, you don’t want it! You don’t need the chocolate to make you feel better and in the long run, it won’t because it will be a step backwards from your goal. When you eat 2 serves of fruit a day you don’t have the same sugar cravings because you are satiated.
- I need to knit to relax (yes, I am a knitter lol)
- who says you can’t have both? you might not be able to knit as much, but you can make it work – try exercising in the mornings – you can have the nights to knit.
- Working out too much stresses me
- have a plan. Know what you want to achieve out of each session. Follow Michelle’s plan – it works! Plan it into your schedule/routine and stick with it!
- I cant say no to chocolate/food
- self control is not a bad thing. You have done it before. Find foods that you love that you look forward to eating. Plan ahead for parties and such so that you know what you can have.
- I still don’t really like fruit and veges
- I have learned to like LOTS of new foods, including fruit and veges – this list will continue to grow as I try more things and change the way foods taste as I am eating healthier.
- I can’t exercise in the mornings, I need sleep
- Go to bed earlier! Just an hour or half an hour – get into a routine where you read in bed for half an hour or so – you know that as soon as you get into bed you will be sleepy
- I don’t have anything to wear
- Why do you need to be a fashionista at the gym?! You have a hot spunky man – you don’t need to impress anyone other than him or yourself – you are not going to the gym to look got there – you are going to look hot from all the work that you are putting in! As long as you have the basics, you are fine.
These are just
some of mine, some of them I found really silly when I actually realised the were there – the sad thing is that I am sure I will be finding more excuses over the next few days to add to my list.
No comments:
Post a Comment