Friday, 26 August 2011

Task 4: Gear Up!

I thought I was geared up and all set to go, but after reading through some of the posts on the forum I thought I should probably have a back up plan...

I am planning on gymming it, but I was thinking, "What if I am away?" or "What if we have unexpected guests over and they don't leave until after the gym closes?".  And then I just happened to be looking through the Aldi and Big W catalogues and realised that i need to go shopping... (ok, so maybe not need, but more of a want lol)

So, this is what I am thinking and I would love to hear what you all think :)

* Boxing gloves - these are on sale at Big W atm, and I remember doing a boxing class at the gym a couple of years ago and the inside of the shared gloves were pretty gross.  Plus, I could use these at home with my partner.
* Magic Sit Up - (on sale at Big W) usually I am not into these kinds of weird gym equipment things, but after going to the gym the other day and couldn't do one unassisted sit up, I thought it might be useful to do at home where no one can see me and i won't need anyone to hold my feet. I put a pic in so that you can see what this is - do you think it would be good for a beginner like me or just a scam kinda thing?
* a small set of dumbbells (which are on sale at Aldi lol), this way I have no excuse not to do weights at home if needed.
* some DVD's for at home - I don't really have any, plus they would be good to take away with me and watch on my laptop



I currently have:
* good shoes (my netburners for netball which will need replacing next season)
* a HRM (had this for a couple of years now)
* some longer tops for working out in so that I don't need to keep pulling it down during classes
* a gym mat (which hasn't been used in years! lol)
* a fit ball (which hasn't been used in years! lol)
* xbox and wii fitness games

I have decided that I really want to focus on core strength, because I have always avoided working on it in the past.  I think that I really do need to think seriously about what if I can't get to the gym for whatever reason.  I know I tend to get a bit fluffy when I am at home and don't do anything (the last 3 nights have proven that!!) so I think that I need to think seriously about having a plan in place for when things don't go the way I plan.

2 comments:

  1. Hello fellow Round 3 12WBT er
    Do get the dumbells, because I recommend getting Michelle's DVDSs. You can get one for $35 or all three for $37 at jbhifi. Be quick cos they sell out as the start date come up. I've used her cardio DVD and I burn 300 cals in half an hour on that...and thatbuses dumbbells in some of it. It's good, she really mixes up cardio and strength training, you get up, jump, step, do pushups, Sotho, up again down again, it's a good calorie burner. She has lower impact options for beginners too, I do some of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also the biggest loser dvds, and jillian michaels dvds are great too, i mainly go to the gym but love the dvds for when i cant be fuckd. plus i need variety and the dvds give me that :)

    ohh if u have a spare $$, id suggest a skipping rope, its an awesome calorie burner!

    ReplyDelete