Sadly, I gained 300g this week. I am trying not to be too disappointed with it. In fact, I'm not disappointed in the program, only in myself. I know that I managed to sneak in a few 'snacks' that if Michelle seen me eat, she would demand that I instantly drop and do push ups as well as get running on that treadmill! However, that said, I take full responsibility for my actions (hence the disappointment in myself). I will tell u now, what I have eaten that was off plan:
- Carrot cake at the premium cinemas
- Caramel Sundae from McDonald's
- Family Dinner - as I said before, I didn't eat too much really
So, what I forgot to mention yesterday (in that blog post that i meant to write!! lol) was that I didn't get my exercise session in on Monday as I needed to get home. So, I told my gym buddy that I would do my work out at home. I had the best intentions of doing it. In fact, I wanted to do it, but then I started cooking, and cleaning and by the time dinner came around and we put Nessa to bed, I was done! I couldn't be bothered doing it. I even tried to tell myself to find something fun to do, which I found, but then I couldn't find my belly dancing workout - I know, I know, excuses, excuses, excuses!!!! Anyway, that afternoon/evening, I couldn't help wishing that I had a treadmill at home, so I could just do it there and then. That night I was on Facebook, and a friend of mine had her status that she was selling her treadmill! So, I bought it!!! I am getting it tonight!! It's great to know that I will be able to have that there!! We're gonna put it in the bedroom, which works out really well as I will be able to watch dvds while running.
Speaking of running... I still can't believe I am going to say this, but I am going to do a fun run!!! At first I was thinking that it would be a great sense of accomplishment to just finish a fun run, so I could just walk it and not put too much pressure on myself. However, now that I have been 'following' (and I use that term loosely - will explain in a sec) Michelle's learn to run program, I am thinking that maybe I could run (probably jog! lol) the whole 4km course I am planning to do. A friend of mine asked me if myself and Carrie (gym buddy) would be interested in doing it... my first thought was "I can't do that!!" my next thought was "Seriously?! Why not?!" So, here I am, planning on doing the Brooks Spring Into Shape on Sunday 30th October!! I still can't believe I am going to sign up to do this. I think overall, I want to see if I can do it. Will be registering in a couple of weeks.Now, onto Michelle's learn to run program and why I have been following it loosely. It's not so much the learn to run program, but more the cardio sessions at the gym. Don't get me wrong, I feel like I am flogging myself, but as I mentioned on Monday, I couldn't keep up with Michelle's cardio gym program. I only managed 3 mins on the cross trainer on the manual program, and I did do the 10 mins on the bike, but also on the manual program. Well, yesterday I decided to once again do the Week 1, Day 1 Intermediate program, with a small change, I did rowing, running, bike and then cross trainer, to help with my legs/running. Yesterday I decided to aim for 4 minute on the cross trainer, but I smashed that goal and did 8 minutes!!!!!!! *cheering with pom poms* To be perfectly honest, I think I probably could have pushed myself to do 10 minutes, so that will be my next goal, actually, I might aim for 12 minutes lol! The biggest reason I think that I was able to last so much longer, was because of a TIP I was given by a friend and fellow 12WBTer (and knitter lol) to run with my heels not with my toes. I wanted to post this up here as it may seem like common knowledge to some, but to any beginners out there, I hope this helps you as much as it helped me.
No comments:
Post a Comment