I had my first pump class last night, and boy oh boy am I feeling it today!!
My whole body aches!!!
Last week when I did pump, I found that a couple of tracks were probably a little bit too easy, so I decided that for my next class (last night) I would up my weights. So, as it was only my first class back, I thought I would just up it slightly on the leg track (I went from 5kg total to 7.5kg total). Then the instructor informed us that there were a couple of tracks that were designed to have heavier weights as there were less reps. So, I did those at the heavier weights too! Overall I burned 371 calories and I had some serious issues trying to walk down the stairs of the gym afterwards!! lol!!
So, while I am tired and exhausted today, I do feel good, but I think that's mostly because I am glad that I went and did it. I have to admit that last night I was hating exercise, and trying to figure out how anyone enjoys it... maybe that will just come with time?
Last night I also watched Mish's 'live' chat last night (my computer was having Flash issues on Wednesday night) and I have to say, I love watching her. She is much funnier than I thought she would be (you know, that cruel trainer on the biggest loser! lol) and while there have only been 2 live videos so far, I am amazed by the timing of them. What she was talking about last night (struggling with the "I want" demons), really hit home for me, as that had been me all week. It made me realise that I'm not alone in dealing with all of this.
Yesterday I redid my Preseason Task 7: Organise & Diarise as the schedule I had set myself just wasn't working for me, and now I think I have made it much more simple. Plus, I am hoping it will fit in with my friend (the one I was telling you had broken her collarbone) so that we can still exercise together :)
so, this is my plan now:
| PM | ||
| Monday: | Gym Machine Program | |
| Tuesday: | Group Power (Pump) | |
| Wednesday: | Gym Machine Program | |
| Thursday: | Group Power (Pump) | |
| Friday: | Gym Machine Program (SSS) | |
| Saturday: AM | Centergy |
| Fitness | Toning | Light |
I'm hoping that this will help to keep it all simple and a little less stressful. Plus, (and I can't believe I am about to say this!!) but this way I can do the learn to run program...
Before I go though, I just wanted to say that we had the Not So Naughty Nachos last night and OMG!!!!!!!! SO good!!!!! I actually think that these will also become a favourite too!! There was just so much flavour!!!! I will be having the leftovers for lunch, and then dinner as I will be the only one at home tonight.
Speaking of food, our brand new fridge (which we have had for 2 months) died yesterday :( The thermostat has gone in it. We lost pretty much all the food including the meat in the freezer! Luckily we had a little bar fridge in the garage, so I had to quickly go to the shops last night (in the midst of a chocolate craving no less!!) and pick up some essentials to get us through today until we know what the deal is with the fridge. I am happy to report that I didn't buy or eat any chocolate, although I spent most of the drive to the shops trying to justify it to myself (this was before Mish's video lol) before I just told myself to suck it up. I had already decided before I got there that I wanted to look at the paddle pops or skinny cows to see if I could have something like that as a treat, and I found the Skinny Cow Icecream Sticks (80 calories). I have to make sure I don't have them too often, and only when the cravings are bad and I really need a sweet kick, but they were a lot better than I was expecting!
Ok... so I think that's it for me for now!!
No comments:
Post a Comment