Anyway, so we have grown foods that that either we both enjoy or that one of us enjoys (eg he loves tomatos and i cant stand them, and I love beans and he hates them lol)
So, as we are renting a town house at the moment, I have done a bit of research based off what I have read here on the forums (there has beent he most amazing advice for growing stuff on here!) and I also found The Little Vegie Patch Co Book at Big W the other night and I have found it GREAT to learn what I need to be doing - and it's Australian so it's all about gardening here!
So, we go the 3 year old out helping us (we also got her some pink flowers which are 'hers') and we have explained that we are going to water the plants to feed them and when they are big we can plant them and put them in our dinner. She was so excited!!
So, we have planted
- snow peas
- oregano
- spring onions
- leek
- tomato
- beans
- capsicum
- carrot
- broccolini
- spinach
- lettuce
- coriander
- basil
- thyme
- garlic
I also had the share the pics below of Miss 3 - the first is her helping us. The second is of her sulking after we told her off for "unplanting" the broccolini with the spade lol




No comments:
Post a Comment