Thursday, 8 September 2011

Task 8: Measure Up

Well, here we go! It's the first official weigh in of the 12WBT!  Sadly, the weight has crept up over the preseason, but I don't want to focus on this, I want to focus on how much my body is going to transform over the next 12 weeks from all of the hard work I will be putting into it from exercise and eating right!

I have taken my before photo (very confronting and all kinds of rolls that I didn't know that I had)  I think it will be awesome to see how much my body can (and will!) change over the next 12 weeks.  I have also done up my measurements (below) so I can track how much this changes too.

Week 1
Thursday 8 September


Change Total Loss
Weight: 96.5kg n/a n/a
Arms: 29.5cm n/a n/a
Bust: 114cm n/a n/a
Waist: 123.5cm n/a n/a
Hips: 124.5cm n/a n/a
R Thigh: 58.5cm n/a n/a
L Thigh: 58.5cm n/a n/a

We got our shopping list and meal plans for the upcoming week.  Brian and I sat down tonight and placed our grocery order.  It was really reasonably priced overall.  We had a few extra things on the list, but it came to about $175, which I think is pretty good considering it's the initial shop and there would be a few things that we didn't have in the cupboard.  The recipes looked really good! There wasn't really anything that I turned my nose up at, although there were a couple of interesting dishes.  I think because I have gone into it open minded, I am more willing and likely to try new things.  I have noticed a few people on the forums seem to be turning their noses up at the food before they had seen it.  I used to be a really fussy eater, and I know how hard it was for me then when I didn't eat what was on offer, however I think that the only way I got over that was to retrain my taste buds and to keep trying new things. I really hope that they can get as much out of the program as possible.

There is also a fitness test that needs to be done.  I had planned on doing it at the gym, but Mish wants us to do it unaided (ie that we are running on our own, not having a machine set at a certain speed to aid us).  There are also some push ups, sit ups (if you remember from my PT session, I struggled with both!) theses weird sitting reach things, wall sits... i think thats it... as well as the 1km run (omg!!)  I am so nervous about the run!  1km is quite a lot!  We worked out that if I ran around the local football field (about a 5 min walk away from our house) I would need to run around it one and a half times... thats a lot!!  I don't think I will be able to run the whole thing, but as Mish said, I just need to do it, it doesn't matter if I run, walk or crawl it, I just need to finish it.

Tomorrow night, the grocery shop will arrive so I will try to remember to take some pics of our healthy foods and I would also like to do the fitness test so that it is done and out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment