Well, my life has been filled with drama... hence the lack of posts...
My world was turned upside down when someone broke into our house last Sunday night... they went through every room and every cupboard and tipped the house upside down. They even went through my car looking for valuables!
We had decided to go out to the movies (btw, Ted is hilarious!!) and when we got home we found the back window had been taken off and a house that was complete chaos!
They made off with both of our laptops, both of our tablets (my poor, poor ipad!), both of our credit cards, my debit card, about 53 xbox games, some dvds, my uni bag (including my stats calculator), plus other stuff... all in all, about $8000 worth of our possessions
Needless to say, we are exausted from this as well as the aftermath of cancelling cards, liasing with police, getting fingerprints done, dealing with insurance companies and real estate agents...
My uni work has suffered from all of this and I am supposed to have an exam next week and I just cant seem to focus...
In all of this though, B, Miss 4 and I were supposed to go away for a few days to Bendigo for the Wool and Sheep Show as well as to see/stay with friends there, in the end, myself and a friend went down as B didn't want me to miss out.
It was really great to be removed from the situation and have a bit of a break. I got back on Sunday night and I feel like a new person! (Although, I am pretty tired at the moment lol)
It would seem that I got back to town at just the right time as I got a call at 3.30am yesterday morning with the news that my nephew's girlfriend had just gone into labour... so off I went to my sister's place to look after my youngest nephew, whom I had all day and even had a sleep over last night as the little baby was born very late last night.
I'm looking forward to meeting the little man today, but as my sister had been up for pretty much 24 hours straight, I'm letting her get a sleep in while my nephew and I hang out again today.
I haven't forgotten about my weightloss goals (although they were severely set aside during my time away - road trips just aren't healthy when there are bakeries everywhere.... hmmmmmm.... yummy...), but for the next couple of weeks the exercise will be put on hold during exam time...
I am now entering the serious study zone...
No comments:
Post a Comment