Well, today is my first weigh in since last Friday, when everything started to change.
Since my meltdown, I started up my list of 10 key points that I wanted to focus on. It hasn't been a full week yet, but things are definitely looking up. I am feeling much more in control of things (everything really, not just my weight and health, but also uni and life in general) and I feel like I have really hit a turning point in my mindset. Overall, I am just feeling happier and not so down.
I have been sticking to my allotted calorie intake set by Calorie King - which is 1670 calories. I know this will seem excessive to the 12WBTers, but this is something that has worked well for me in the past, and as I mentioned in my earlier post, I am trying to take a lot of pressure off myself, while still doing something about my weight.
I haven't done any exercise, although I have been thinking about it a lot. What has held me back has been a few things. The main thing has been that I have been really sick for the last week - I almost lost my voice! haha! The other reasons have been uni inspired. I have an exam on Friday, and I also have a report due on Monday. I have to admit that I am still feeling quite calm about both of these, even though I am feeling behind in my work.
So, I guess now that I am feeling better about it all, I figured I may as well tell you all what weight I reached - my highest weight ever. Last Friday, I weighed in at 99.9kg! I realise that other people have weighed more than me, but for me this was a huge blow. Admittedly it was only 900g over my initial weight all those years ago, but seeing it 100g off a triple digit figure is quite heartbreaking after losing so much weight.
Anyway... onto today's weigh in!! This morning I jumped on the scales, and from last Friday, I have lost 1.8kg!! I am so happy with that!! I know that it's quite normal to have a couple of big losses initially, but I am actually aiming to lose about 500g a week. I think that this will take me about a year to do, but I know that I can do it, because I have done it before.
I have been modifying the layout of my blog over the the last couple of days so that the pieces of information are easier to find. I had decided to get rid of the little goal tickers along the side of my blog, but I have just created a graph one to track my weightloss. I have set my goal to 74kg. This will get me to a healthy BMI. I do think that I will probably try and get to 69kg, although I have to say that this will depend on how I am feeling about my weight.
I have always maintained that I don't care what I weigh when I get to goal, I basically just want to be a size 12 again. My reasoning for this is that muscle weighs more than fat (example: At a similiar weight 4 years ago, I looked much fatter and I was in a much larger size. My shape now is different to then because of how I have shaped my body and muscles due to exercise) and I think that measurements are a much more accurate way of measuring weightloss success.

yay for you Whirlsie - you've taken control, set your own agenda and are actually doing it. Hope the nice big number spurs you on and that your knee is okay.
ReplyDeleteThanks Janie :)
DeleteIt just feels so goodknowing I am being more proactive about it all :)