Yesterday I had my first ever Costco Experience!
Ours is still less than a year old, but I hadn't had a chance to go out and have a look. I have to say, it was actually a lot of fun! It does have some excellent bargains and it's interesting to see everything in bulk.
Most of our purchases yesterday were cleaning related, but there were a few food related ones. I have to admit I was more than a little excited to find pumpkin filled ravioli, and we found a couple of other things as well (lasagne and english muffins, banana muffins, etc). All I did with these was quickly scan the nutritional info to make sure nothing was completely out of whack or was going to be a big surprise when we go home. Admittedly, some things were a little higher in salt, but nothing major.
I have to admit, I did feel a little guilty buying some of it, but in truth, I am happy to be going back to the way I used to live my life. Everything in moderation and nothing is excluded, just worked in... and I am loving it!!
Some of the foods there though were so huge!! What would you do with it all?! But in the long run, it works out quite cheap, especially if you freeze it - which is what I am planning with the pumpkin ravioli as I think I will be the only one eating it!! hehe!
But my favourite purchase of the day was a $20 throw rug made from microfleece and microsherpa... oooohhhhhh mmmmyyyyyyy goooooooddddd!!! It is heaven in a blanket!! haha!!
No comments:
Post a Comment