So... this morning I still had issues with wanting to go to the gym, but I did make the commitment to go on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays... so I dropped Miss 4 to daycare and headed straight to the gym to just get it done.
Today I managed to hit my original target of 10 minutes on each of the treadmill, crosstrainer and bike! So happy with that!!! I was able to get into a good rhythm on the cross trainer - which is the one that I find the most difficult. I had initially told myself that my goal would be to get to 6 minutes so that I would have improved on the last attempt, but I wasn't in pain and couldn't feel a lot of pressure so I kept going. In truth, I probably could have done more than 10 minutes, but I got a little bored and I just didn't want to push it. I burned 365 calories, which I am also really happy with considering I wasn't pushing myself, just concentrating on having my knee over my toe and just getting it done.
While I was on the bike one of the trainers came over to speak to me, and embarrassingly he asked me if I had just become a member.... I explained that I joined in July last year, but life had gotten in the way, and then the knee injury, so I hadn't really been in 6 months lol! We also got talking about the knee injury and he asked me about the physio exercises and then we lined up an assessment for 8.30am on Thursday morning... so it looks like I am officially all in! lol While I realise that in part he is probably looking for another person to sign up for PTs, I really appreciate that he came over to have a chat with me about my workout and seemed interested in my progress.
Now, I have also spoken to B about me taking Miss 4 to daycare on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays so that I will go to the gym straight after as I accept that one of my biggest challenges is just getting out of the house on days that I don't have to. Which is a big tick for me as I recognised and found a solution to an excuse :)

No comments:
Post a Comment