I have been meaning to write this post for a while, but kept forgetting until the other day when I received an email that reminded me.
Last year I participated in the JDRF 5.5km Fun Walk with Carrie. It was my first one I had ever completed, and I was proud of my result, but overall I was so happy to have done it as I felt as though I was walking for my friend who had passed away in 2007.
Anyway, I have signed up to do it again, as it's a lovely walk and a great charity to be involved in. This year it will be on Sunday 21st October here in Canberra, but there are other ones around the country if you are interested in participating too :)
As it is a charity event, I may as well put up a link in case anyone would like to donate, but please do not feel obligated to.
![]() |
| Click to Donate |
I have also been trying to find some other fun runs around Canberra as a goal to be able to run the whole thing, but I was really sad to see that there doesn't seem to be much on for the second half of the year. The Brooks Spring Into Shape that I participated in last year doesn't seem to be on either, which is really disapointing.
There is the Canberra Times Fun Run, but that's on in just over a month... and I am just not ready for that!!
I'll keep looking, but if anyone finds any, let me know :)
Edited: I just found this one on the 1st October... I might end up signing up for this... will talk to the PT today and see if it's doable!

No comments:
Post a Comment