This morning I went to the gym for my assessment, and all was going well, I was getting along well with the trainer, had my measurements taken and had started going through the obligatory "how fit are you" bits and pieces - pushups, sit ups and wall sit.
All of that is generally no problem, except just as I started doing a sit up, I managed to get a bloody nose!! WTF! I never get these!! I have had maybe 5 in my life!! I have to admit, I was more than a little embarrassed... I had blood all over my face a nd a bit on my t-shirt... awkward...
I have been feeling all hot and flustered over the last week and have been 'overheating' when others have been cold, so I think it must all be tied in with that. The problem is, I wanted to do my gym workout... so I did!
Admittedly I was feeling pretty crappy through the whole thing, and paranoid my nose was going to start bleeding all over the equipment, but I got through it and I didn't do my full workout, I finished with 5 mins on the bike instead of 10. Overall, I burned 253 calories, so that's good enough for me.
Overall my assessment was as I expected (results wise at least!) in that I still can't do sit ups, and it turns out I have lost a lot of upper strength, so I can't do push ups anymore. My wall sit only lasted for a few seconds, but that was mostly due to my knee I think.
I am going back on Monday to have a bit of a PT and to put a program together. The trainer has suggested that I do mostly weights there and finish witha bit of cardio and then walk on the other days that I am not there... While I see the benefit of the walks, I am concerned that this is going to ramp it up a bit too much for me time/stress wise and I am unsure... I want to do it, I just don't want to burn myself out.
On the upside, I am looking forward to doing weights again... I love doing weights!! I'm not a fan of cardio, but do it because I should! lol
If you have a Wii fit 2 you should do free step for 30mins a day. It is designed to be able to watch tv while you do it I have been doing it every day its great when you have little time and it is cold outside. I just did 1hr of it and burned 350 calories!
ReplyDeleteYeah I have a Wii and have a myriad of fitness games for it, but I find the Wii Fit a bit too boring for me :) I much prefer the gym :) If I do exercise at home I prefer the Xbox "Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012"
Delete