Sadly, I gained 300g this week. I am trying not to be too disappointed with it. In fact, I'm not disappointed in the program, only in myself. I know that I managed to sneak in a few 'snacks' that if Michelle seen me eat, she would demand that I instantly drop and do push ups as well as get running on that treadmill! However, that said, I take full responsibility for my actions (hence the disappointment in myself). I will tell u now, what I have eaten that was off plan:
- Carrot cake at the premium cinemas
- Caramel Sundae from McDonald's
- Family Dinner - as I said before, I didn't eat too much really
So, what I forgot to mention yesterday (in that blog post that i meant to write!! lol) was that I didn't get my exercise session in on Monday as I needed to get home. So, I told my gym buddy that I would do my work out at home. I had the best intentions of doing it. In fact, I wanted to do it, but then I started cooking, and cleaning and by the time dinner came around and we put Nessa to bed, I was done! I couldn't be bothered doing it. I even tried to tell myself to find something fun to do, which I found, but then I couldn't find my belly dancing workout - I know, I know, excuses, excuses, excuses!!!! Anyway, that afternoon/evening, I couldn't help wishing that I had a treadmill at home, so I could just do it there and then. That night I was on Facebook, and a friend of mine had her status that she was selling her treadmill! So, I bought it!!! I am getting it tonight!! It's great to know that I will be able to have that there!! We're gonna put it in the bedroom, which works out really well as I will be able to watch dvds while running.
Now, onto Michelle's learn to run program and why I have been following it loosely. It's not so much the learn to run program, but more the cardio sessions at the gym. Don't get me wrong, I feel like I am flogging myself, but as I mentioned on Monday, I couldn't keep up with Michelle's cardio gym program. I only managed 3 mins on the cross trainer on the manual program, and I did do the 10 mins on the bike, but also on the manual program. Well, yesterday I decided to once again do the Week 1, Day 1 Intermediate program, with a small change, I did rowing, running, bike and then cross trainer, to help with my legs/running. Yesterday I decided to aim for 4 minute on the cross trainer, but I smashed that goal and did 8 minutes!!!!!!! *cheering with pom poms* To be perfectly honest, I think I probably could have pushed myself to do 10 minutes, so that will be my next goal, actually, I might aim for 12 minutes lol! The biggest reason I think that I was able to last so much longer, was because of a TIP I was given by a friend and fellow 12WBTer (and knitter lol) to run with my heels not with my toes. I wanted to post this up here as it may seem like common knowledge to some, but to any beginners out there, I hope this helps you as much as it helped me.
No comments:
Post a Comment