Below, is my ideal workout schedule, however I haven't tried all of these classes before, so if I don't like one, I may need to reorganise it all. I also need to make sure that what I have planned will work with my friend who I am doing the 12WBT with, so we have decided that after Saturday's Centergy class, we will get a coffee and look at our upcoming week to make sure that we can work with each other. To start with, Michelle has laid out our workouts as:
- 3 days of Fitness
- 2 days of Toning
- 1 day of light fitness, core and stretch
| AM | PM | |
| Monday: | Hook Up | |
| Tuesday: | Group Power | |
| Wednesday: | Centergy | Group Step |
| Thursday: | Group Kick | |
| Friday: | Group Power | |
| Saturday: | Centergy |
| Fitness | Toning | Light |
As well as the regular exercise component, there is also needing to look at milestones at 4 weeks, 8 weeks and 12 weeks. I have set these to correspond with my goals as follows:
- 4 weeks - go for a bushwalk in a national park
- 8 weeks - go paddle boating
- 12 weeks - undecided
I can't believe I am about to say this, but I am pumped to do this challenge, and you know what?! I have diarised it for Sunday 9th September to do with my awesome partner.A short but steep walk up the fire trail through dry mountain eucalypt forest. The walk ends at the boundary gate and returns along the same trail.
I was a little concerned that the paddleboating milestone wouldn't be 'enough' and that maybe it was too much of a reward than a milestone/challenge, but my boyfriend assured me that it's a definite workout and can be quite hard to do! So, all those pump classes should come in handy at this point in time as I will really need my legs for this. I have added this to my calendar for Saturday 5th November.
The other thing that needs to be added to the diary are the red flag days. These are days where something is on, such as a party, or travelling or something which can trip you up. The point of doing this is to ensure that these days don't become a major blow out and to teach us to prepare for events like this by either modifying our eating patterns or adding in an additional exercise - or both! For me, I am quite lucky in the sense that I don't really have anything planned. All of the family birthday's are done, Christmas isn't until after the 12WBT, and the only thing that we currently have locked in is a trip up to Sydney for the Harry Potter Exhibition in November, so I have asked my boyfriend when we go up there if we can try to get a hotel with a gym, or I might actually just get a casual pass for a gym up there. The other alternative is that I might fit in an extra workout before we go up, that way I won't need to worry about it at all over the weekend.
Well, this post definitely turned into a novel, but is was SO FUN to plan and organise it all!! I can't wait to do my bushwalk now!!! Better get to the gym and start getting fitter!!
I think you've just inspired me with your mini milestones ( i have been a bit unstuck with them) the bush walk sounds amazing!
ReplyDeleteand loving the commitment to the work outs! Who knows - you'll probably be addicted to the gym floor and classes in a month ;)
I also struggled with what to put as my milestones, as I don't really want to be a runner, so I decided to make the milestones really all about me and to make them fun things - it really worked as I got so pumped with it all!
ReplyDelete