Monday, 3 September 2012

20 Day Cleaning Organising Challenge: Prechallenge Task 4

Task 4: Evening Routine - Organised Housewife

Ok, so the morning routine is now done... but I think the evening routine is the one that may cause a little grief... mostly because it is currently so varied!  It really depends on if I am working that day, but this is basically what it currently is (based on a non work day):
  1. Come down from the study and start tidying the kitchen (usually around the 5-5.30pm mark)
  2. Start preparing dinner
  3. B and Miss 4 get home & watch tv/B works
  4. Eat dinner
  5. Bathe Miss 4
  6. Put to Miss 4 to bed
  7. Read to Miss 4
  8. Continue studying until about 9.30pm
  9. Have a bath/shower when I need a study break
Once again... this really could be a little better! Mostly on my part. 
 
These are the things I would like to include for myself:
  • Do a load of washing and hang it out
  • Tidy kitchen and wipe down benches
  • Get my lunch ready for the next day
  • Fold previous nights washing and put away
There are only a couple of things that I want to put into Miss 4's routine:
  • To wipe down her table and clean up her 'mess' under the table
  • Tidy the lounge room
  • Miss 4 to put away her own clothes
So, the way I see our future routine is:
  1. Come down from the study and put a load of washing on
  2. Fold clothes from previous night
  3. Get meat out of freezer for next night's meal
  4. Start preparing dinner
  5. B and Miss 4 get home
  6. Miss 4 to put away folded clothes
  7. Eat dinner
  8. Miss 4 to:
    • Wipe down table and clean up 'mess'
    • Tidy her toys in the lounge room
  9. Bathe Miss 4
  10. Put to Miss 4 to bed
  11. Read to Miss 4
  12. Get my lunch ready for the next day
  13. Tidy kitchen and wipe down benches
  14. Continue studying until about 9.30pm
  15. Have a bath/shower when I need a study break


The Organised Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment