Yesterday I also completed Day 5 of the challenge... the floors!! I wanted to wait until I had finished tidying the lounge room before I cleaned the floors. I did only do the downstairs area, as upstairs is still in shambles and I don't think there is much point in attempting those at this stage (although the bedroom has been done from Day 2). I don't have any photos today as I don't think the floors are really that exciting.
Cleaning: Floors
I really got stuck into the vacuuming, I vacuumed not only the floor (tiles and carpet), but I really got into all the corners, the skirting, where the carpet meets the wall and even on top of the windows, the sills and the window tracks.
Then I had to learn to use our steam mop. Believe it or not, since we owned it, I had never used it, B always did it. After a bit of complaining and maybe a little swearing, I did the kitchen, the entryway and also the little bit of vinyl under Miss 4's table and chairs. I quite like that it uses only steam to clean the floors without the chemicals, but I do find it hard to wrap my head around the idea that the floors are clean without the chemicals.
Declutter: Out of Date Food
I haven't gotten to this part yet, but I do need to find some time to get it done. I think the title speaks for itself really.
Organise: The Pantry
Another one where the title says it all... I have to admit... I hate our pantry! I really dislike corner pantries where the shelves are so big that I can't touch the back of the corner. I find it hard to organise them and keep them tidy. So, I have actually delegated this task to B... haha!! I am lucky in that he is willing to help me out on this challenge.
New Habit: Put Rubbish in the Bin
This one I am happy to say that I am getting better at, basically this task is to put rubbish in the bin immediately, so that there is no way it can build up and get out of control.
5 Minutes Only: Tidy Kitchen Bench
Oh Happy Days!!! I didn't really have to do this one, as I have actually been keeping the kitchen spotless!! It looks exactly the same after I finished it on Day 1 - although at the moment there is a quiche cooling on the stove, so that I can have it for lunch this week.
Tomorrow is the dreaded bathrooms... in our house we have the main bathroom as well as an ensuite, but as we live in a 2 story townhouse, we also have 3 toilets... 3 toilets to clean... oh hooray... haha!!
I mentioned earlier that B is willing to help me out during this challenge, while this is true, I am actually really enjoying doing this challenge (never thought I could say that I would enjoy cleaning) as I am finding it so therapeutic, I already feel as though my mindset is changing.
No comments:
Post a Comment