Today was another day off in the uni world... and by day off I mean I am supposed to be studying at home... while my house is getting cleaner (and I am loving it!), it is exhausting and I am struggling to study... which is not good considering I am already behind on my uni work. I have to admit, it's going to be interesting to see how all of this works on days that I am working!!
Is it sad that it's only day 2 and I am already exhausted?? haha!
Anyway, today was all about the master bedroom, and we had a list of tasks to do there. I didn't think it would take as long as it did, but that's because I really got into it and dusted, wiped down and vacuumed every surface you could think of! The list for today was:
Clean: Main Bedroom
Basically, the job was to get this room cleaned and sorted out... and we had a lot of clothes... everywhere!! We had so much rubbish and junk everywhere... it was nuts!! And the dust! Oh the dust!!! The list was:
Of these, I didn't do some as we don't have cushions or a ceiling fan and I didn't flip the mattress as we got one that doesn't need to be flipped.
I also have to say, I have never vacuumed a mattress before! Is that something that everyone does?? It's a good idea though!!
Declutter: Bedroom Surfaces
For this task, I did get rid of a few things. I bought all the dvds back downstairs, I got rid of all of the rubbish around the tables, and there were a few other bits and pieces that I could either throw away or combine with other stuff.
Organise: Top Drawer Bedside Table
Now, I didn't actually do this... mostly because I don't use it. I did however get rid of the rubbish inside it (chocolate wrappers... *blush*)
New Habit: Make Bed Every Morning
Done! Mostly because I stripped the bed, but I did also make the bed yesterday too! Winning!!
5 Minutes Only: Wipe Over Dining Chairs
Another one I didn't do... but this is because we don't have dining chairs.
One thing that I do want to do though, is add a few more pictures to our room. Photos or artwork, whatever. When I was out earlier running errands I did actually have a look for some in the hopes of surprising B when he got home... but I didn't find any that I liked.
On a side note, I meant to write last night that when Miss 4 got home and seen the clean kitchen she seemed quite concerned "But where did all our stuff go?!". Haha!! Speaking of Miss 4, she has also embraced her new chores, in fact when B went in to get her up this morning I heard "Daddy, I made my bed!!"
As you can see, I did before and after pictures again, and... I am more than a little embarrassed... however, our room looks so nice and airy now!!






No comments:
Post a Comment