Wednesday, 5 September 2012

20 Day Cleaning/Organising Challenge: Day 3

 
I know I am late in getting this post up, in fact, in 45 minutes it will no longer be Day 3!  What I did today was to focus on uni in the morning, work in the afternoon and then study a little more before getting stuck into today's room, the laundry.
 
I chose to do it this way today as first off I am running really behind at uni and secondly it was a pretty easy day for me today in regards to cleaning as our laundry is tiny and overall didn't require much cleaning.  As such, it also meant that there were quite a few tasks that didn't get done as they weren't required for us personally.
 
I did rearrange things slightly, I moved the steam mop to it's own little corner, I got rid of some of the cleaning products that we don't use anymore and then I finally started using the cupboard under the sink and put all the stuff we still need but not on a day-to-day basis in there and left all of the essentials on top in containers.
 
I even scrubbed the sink (not sure if that has ever been done since we have lived here - but we don't really use it anyway), wiped down the window sills and scrubbed the top of the washing machine where all of the cleaning products had leaked over time... yuck!!!
 
I didn't do the floors, mostly because I like to do all the downstairs at the one time, plus the laundry actually connects to 2 other rooms (lounge room and bathroom), and I just think that as a heavy traffic area, the mess from the other 2 rooms would get tracked into it anyway.
 
So, the bits and pieces today were:
 
Clean: Laundry
  • Wipe over the laundry sink
  • Clean all benchtops/surfaces
  • Using the brush attachment remove all dust and lint from your dryer
  • Dust your laundry walls (lint and dust does build up due to moisture from the dryer
  • Clean window
  • Clean floor

  • Declutter: Laundry Pile
    This actually didn't happen as we don't really have or need a system like she has set up as we wash everything together. We have 3 washing hampers in our house, one in our room, one in Miss 4's room and one in the lounge room, just outside the laundry.  The only time this system doesn't work is when we (mostly me!) don't put the clothes in the hamper.
     
    Organise: Laundry Routine
    We really don't have one at the moment, however, I like the idea of washing towels on one day, linen on another, etc.  For us though, as I mentioned before, we wash everything together, so I have been thinking about is as being a routine for us:
    • Monday: Clothes
    • Tuesday: Towels
    • Wednesday: Clothes
    • Thursday: Clothes
    • Friday: Kitchen stuff
    • Saturday: Bedsheets
    • Sunday: Off
    New Habit: Load of Washing
    I was going to say that I didn't do this today, but I actually washed my work uniform before my shift started today... I don't think it's exactly what she meant, but hey!  It was washing!!  Basically for this one, the strategy is to put a load of washing on in the morning or night and add it to the evening routine... I actually think adding it to the evening routine works best for me, mostly as I am not a morning person and struggle to wake up!
     
    5 Minutes Only: Dust/Polish 2 Pieces of Furniture
    I had a bit of a giggle about this... I actually don't think I have any furniture left to dust.  The only things I can think of will actually be dealt with tomorrow (lounge room) or the bookcases upstairs.  However there is a bit of decluttering that needs to happen first!
     
    By the way - we're not alcoholics... I got B a home brew kit for Christmas last year!! haha!!
     
     
    The Organised Housewife

    No comments:

    Post a Comment