COMPLETED!
Well, the only thing I haven't done is the new habit, as that is supposed to be done before I go to bed tonight - and I will be clearing the benches and doing the dishes as told... cos I just spend 2 hours cleaning scrubbing the damn kitchen!!
I can tell you how long it took me to clean the kitchen, as I put a movie on to clean to, as I like having the background noise, and I spend most of my day in the study with music going, so a movie I have watched over and over again works well for me when cleaning.
Now, I decided that I would take a before photo, but that I would do it before I started each task, that way I can see what I have accomplished each day. Admittedly, I wasn't overly sure that I would want to let anyone actually see them, but I have decided to put it out there anyway. I have seen other peoples kitchens on twitter, and it's good to know that my kitchen wasn't the only one to look that way!! haha!!
Scary isn't it!! I didn't actually think it was all that bad... until I took the photo... then I was more than a little horrified!!
Basically, the list today was:
Clean: Kitchen
I did all of these except for the light fittings and window/sills (we don't have any in the kitchen).
Declutter: Kitchen Bench
For this task I had to get rid of everything on the bench that didn't need to be there... and as you can see from the before photo... I had my work cut out for me!!
Organise: Under the Kitchen Sink
The kitchen sink wasn't too bad actually... there was a bit of stuff under there that we didn't use, or didn't use often, but the hardest part of this was trying to feel motivated to get it done after the previous 2 tasks!
Today, I also quickly ducked down to one of those $2 shops, and I bought some of those little containers. I decided to get some coloured ones to differentiate and to be a little colourful I suppose. For $17.50 I got 10 different 'baskets'. The 2 white ones are of better quality (they were $5 each), and I had intended to use them for the toaster and stuff, but... I used one while decluttering to be able to put stuff back in it's rightful place... so I may end up using them as my prechallenge task 5 tubs.
New Habit
Clear the benches and wash the dishes before relaxing for the evening - although in my case it will be before I continue to study! lol
5 Minutes Only: Bookshelf
Spend 5 minutes tidying a bookshelf
Now, the big reveal... are you all excited to see how my kitchen sparkles?!
What I realised today while I was cleaning, was that our kitchen bench has not been that clear since our party on Christmas Eve... now that's pretty bad!!
I am really loving it though!! It's so nice to come down and see shine like that... it does also make me not want to cook in it though...





No comments:
Post a Comment