Monday, 10 September 2012

20 Day Cleaning/Organising Challenge: Day 4, Part 2

 
Ok, so I have finally made it back in here to blog about my lounge room progress.  I have spent a little of each day (Friday though Sunday) getting up to date and getting through everything.
 
As it was just Miss 4 and I on Friday night, I decided that we would get pizza, put Wall-E on and start sorting out her toys.  I must say, I am so proud of her for the amount of stuff that she was willing to part with... I don't think I would have been that way when I was younger! haha!  We made 3 piles:
  • to keep
  • to give away
  • rubbish

I think the biggest pile was the pile for charity!  I told her how there are some children who don't have any toys and that maybe we could give them the toys that she doesn't play with anymore.  Admittedly, she did get a little carried away with some of the toys to give away and I had to rescue a few of the more important toys. In the end we have 2 garbage bags full of toys plus a smaller bag full as well.
 
We put the toys she was to keep back into her toy box, and from being overflowing, it currently barely reaches the top of the giant cardboard box.  I am really looking forward to getting the bench I mentioned in my previous post, I can't wait to get her toys put away and have it all looking really tidy.
 
Yesterday we had quite a big day of errands, but I did manage to gather a few things that needed to go back to their original owners, or items that we were giving away to friends/family.  I also cleaned off the lounge of stuff I had started organising getting them ready to be put away, but one of the biggest tasks was to tidy the space near B's recliner which had a lot of my knitting stuff there and a lot of B's IT stuff... The majority of the knitting stuff got shoved into the walk in wardrobe with my other knitting stuff (I think I need more tubs to get it organised better), and I have sat B's IT stuff aside for him to go through, as I have no idea what I am looking at.
 
A few things that have been rearranged:
  • My knitting bag/storage (thing), now only contains my circular sets and my current projects and it is now sitting next to my recliner
  • My laptop is resting against the knitting storage next to the little table between the recliners
  • Miss 4's pink bin is now next to her other toy box (cardboard)
 
I also got a squeegee for cleaning the windows outside.  It was fun to do!  I got my bucket, added hot water to a little bit of dishwashing detergent, went outside and washed the windows/sliding doors to the lounge room.  I do still need to do the inside, but they already look so much better having all of the dirt off them from the outside!!  Wish I could do the upstairs ones!!
 
There are also a few changes coming up to help with the layout:
  • Miss 4's new toy box/bench
  • A sewing table so that I can get my sewing machine and sewing 'stuff' out of the lounge room and into the study

Both of these I have mentioned before, but I am sure that I will blog about them once I get them!! I can't wait... it feels strange not having them in here when I know they are coming, I kind of feel as though I haven't finished the task yet, or that the rooms just aren't tidy enough yet.





Miss 4's toys for charity



The Organised Housewife

1 comment: